Russian names for girls often have their own sounds too. If you are thinking about what some of the Russian names for girls can sound like, these names aren’t that bad for initial as well as middle names for the baby.
If you enjoy all the audios the letters make, you’ll definitely want to know the Russian names for girls for girls and girls in this list. Whether you want short, long, adorable, or distinct, there are Russian names for girls out for you to know.
These Russian names for girls have been used more than one or two occasions before, which can eventually lead your baby on a path of its own. Individuals with names or Russian names for girls are extremely cooperative, courteous, and are very thoughtful.
The ideal characteristic concerning them is that they deal with everyone around with utmost treatment, convenience, and level of sensitivity.
Although it might not be the only point on your mind after you have actually given birth, choosing your baby’s name is among the most significant decisions you’ll make.
For ideas on the Russian names for girls, we’ve got a list of hundreds for you!
Choosing Russian names for girls
Besides helping guarantee your child is healthy, there is nearly absolutely nothing more vital than your baby’s name that he/she can happily bring throughout their life.
This list of distinctively Russian names for girls offers you numerous options for calling your baby with a nod to your fantastic culture and history.
Naming a youngster is a really essential event that is entitled to a cautious factor to consider. Names should never ever have damaging definitions since this could have adverse effects that might not develop positivity in the child. It needs to be a fantastic, honorable, and favorable name, which both you and your companion love. You make sure to enjoy the name in the years to come because your child will certainly become his name
This list of Russian names for girls is The Cradle Rocks’ initial list of cute Russian names for girls for you to choose from.
Popular Russian names for girls
You are certain to enjoy this mix of these Russian names for girls. There are cultural and typical French, Greek, British, American boy, Roman names for girls, and lots more. These unique options will definitely fit your little one and make him a positive influence on your entire family members. Check out these unique Russian names for girls and pick a fantastic name for your little baby.
You are actually in the right place if you are looking for incredible Russian names for girls and are trending currently. These names are prominent and special in their very own fantastic ways and also have incredible significances.
But wait! We also took a look back at over 90 of the most unusual baby names. Some are adorably crazy — while some are just pleasant and refreshingly unusual. You could also find some inspiration for unique names for girls here. The best idea for English names for girls is also available on this page.
Here are the top 50 Russian names for girls for you:
- Alya – This was originated from Alexandria and the meaning is ‘defending men. Perfect name for your cute warrior princess who may really end up saving the world.
- Anastasia – will never ever head out of fashion. The meaning of the name is ‘resurrection’ and was originated from Greek. Anna will make a beautiful nickname for your beloved child.
- Angelina – is an ideal option for the ‘angel’ in your life, a true blessing sent out from heaven above. It is also the name of a popular celebrity, Angelina Jolie.
- Anoushka, Anushka or Anushcka – resemble Anna and the meaning of this name is ‘favor’ or ‘grace’. Anu is an ideal label that complements Anoushka.
- Anya – This name is a variation of Anna or the Hebrew name Hannah. This is unique among the Russian names for girls and it means ‘grace’.
- Bella – The simple meaning of Bella is ‘beautiful’, it’s a popular name in Russian, Spanish, and Italian culture. The name has become more popular among the Russian names for girls and with the tele-series Twilight.
- Bronya – This is a Polish origin name and the meaning is ‘armor’. It personifies strength and protection. A distinct name is a great option for your little warrior princess.
- Calina – Was originated from Greek origins, the meaning of this lovely name is ‘the moon’. Love your child to the moon and back.
- Cyzarine / Czarina – Cyzarine or Czarina is as ‘royal’ as it sounds and an ideal option for daddy’s little princess who will rule the world one day.
- Darya – The name Darya finds its root in the Persian language and it means ‘sea’. It likewise means ‘rich’ and ‘succeed’. Something you want your kid to be blessed with.
Cute baby girl Russian names
- Dasha – This is a quiet name for your youngster and the meaning of this name is ‘God’s gift’, which she really is.
- Diana – This is a name with Latin origins and it means ‘heavenly’, ‘divine’, ‘shine’ or ‘brilliant one’. She is the goddess of hunting and wild animals. It is also the name of a popular star, Princess Diana of Wales.
- Elena or Alyona – This name was originated from the ancient Greek language. It simply means ‘shining light’, ‘torch’, ‘bright’. In Hebrew, the meaning is ‘grace’.
- Evva – This is a Russian name for Eve, the very first on earth and it means ‘life’. The stunning name discovers its origin in the old testament of the Bible.
- Faina/Fayina – This is a name of Russian origin and it simply means ‘light’ or ‘shining’. A minor variation to Fayina and its meaning changes to ‘free one’.
- Fedora/ Feodora – The name Fedora was originated from the Greek name Theodora. It also means ‘God’s gift’ and yes, your angel genuinely is among the very best gifts from God Almighty.
- Florentina – This gorgeous name Florentina finds its origin in the Latin and Indo-European word ‘Flora’ and it means ‘blooming flower’ or ‘blossom’. It represents ‘innocence’ and ‘virginity’. Reduce it to Tina for an adorable nickname.
- Gala or Galina – This is a name of Slavic origin. It simply means the ‘calm one’ or ‘tranquil’. ‘The therapist’ who brings a smile to everybody she meets.
- Grusha – This is among the old Russian names for girls with Greek origins. The meaning is ‘wild horse’. Marvelous and untamed
Popular girl Russian names
- Helina – This name has its origin in old Greek civilization. It was originated from Helen of Troy, the meaning of the name is ‘the light of the sun’ and the best option for your little miss sunshine.
- Innessa – Stemmed from Ines or Agnes, Inessa is a name of Russian origin and it means ‘mild’, ‘chaste’ or ‘pure’.
- Irina – This is among the popular Russian names for girls of Greek origin, it simply means ‘peace’.
- Iris – In Greek culture, this is the Goddess of ‘rainbow’. It is likewise a lovely ‘flower’ and the colored part of the eye. A very short name with numerous meanings sounds charming and so gorgeous.
- Irya – is a lovely variation of Irene and the meaning is ‘peace’. The special twist makes the name more ideal and stunning for your cutie pie.
- Izabelle – Was originated from the Spanish name Elizabeth, Izabelle, or Isabelle, and the meaning is ‘promised to God’ The scriptural name likewise means ‘beautiful’.
- Jelena – is a quiet and modern-day option for your doe-eyed princess. The meaning of this name with Slavic origins is ‘deer’.
- Julija – This is a distinct variation of the name Julia or Yulia and it means ‘youth’.
- Karina – This is a popular variation of Carina and the meaning of this name is ‘pure’. The name is popular in Russia, Poland, America, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and other parts of Europe.
- Katerina – The meaning of this name with Czech origin is ‘pure’. Just like Catherine, Yekaterina, Ekaterina is popular with Russian and American parents. Kate or Katy would be best the nickname for Katerine.
Unique Russian female names
- Katia – The charming and unique Russian names for girls, Katia, has its origin in Spanish Greek, and Russian culture. It simply means ‘pure’. Katie makes a charming nickname for Katia.
- Lara – has Latin origins, the meaning of the name is ‘pleasant’. It likewise means ‘a castle’ or ‘strengthened city’.
- Larissa – According to Greek mythology, Larissa is a nymph, the child of Pegasus and the lover of Mercury.
- Lena – Influenced from the Siberian River Lena, and stemmed from the ‘temptress’ Helena of Troy, the name was originated from Greek culture and the meaning of this name is ‘light’ and ‘shine’. It likewise means ‘appealing’.
- Marina – The name Marina was originated from Marinus. The meaning of this Russian name is ‘from the sea’. A charming name for your little mermaid.
- Masha – When called out aloud, Masha sounds unique and gorgeous. The name was originated from Maria and the meaning is ‘defiant’. In Arabic, it is an expression of ‘happiness’, ‘joy’, and ‘gratitude’.
- Mila – The meaning of this hot preferred name, Mila, is ‘darling’ in Russian. The Slavic analysis of Mila is ‘hardworking’ or ‘industrious’. It is also the name of a popular star, Mila Kunis.
- Mischa – This name was originated from Michael. The meaning of this name with Russian origins is ‘God-like’. Having a lovely significance, the name sounds magnificent and unique.
- Nadia – This is a popular name in Russia and finds its roots in Slavic, Latin, Greek, and Persian cultures. The meaning of the name is ‘hope’.
- Natalya/ Natalia/ Natalie – The meaning of Natal is Christmas, Natalia also means ‘birthday of Christ’. It’s a popular name for women born around Christmas.
Rare female Russian names
- Nika – The name Nika has its roots in Pashto, Greek, and Persian cultures. It simply means ‘pure’ or ‘good’. The unisex Russian name likewise means ‘victory’.
- Ninotchka – This is an unusual and rare name. The Russian name with Italian origin was derived from Nina and it means ‘grace’ or ‘favor’.
- Oksana – The name sounds so extremely poetic. The meaning of this Russian origin name is ‘Praise be to God’. Pretty name for a pretty princess.
- Paulina – This is the womanly name variation of Paul. It simply means ‘little stone’. Polly is a cool nickname for your little girl.
- Regina – The name finds its root in Italian, Latin, and Romanian culture. The meaning is ‘queen’. Such a royal name for your princess who will rule the world one day.
- Sanvi – The meaning of this lovely name, Sanvi, is ‘knowledge’. The name of Russian origin is popular throughout many cultures.
- Sonechka – This is a name of Russian origin and the meaning is ‘smart one’. Soni would make a beautiful nickname for her.
- Tavisha – The meaning of this name is ‘heavenly’ or ‘lovely’. Perfect and distinct name for your little girl who was sent out from heaven above.
- Ulyana – This is a popular Russian name for girls. It simply means ‘younger’.
- Valentina – This name has Latin origins and the meaning is ‘healthy’ or ‘strong’. The name is popular in Croatia, Russia, Macedonia, Spanish Bulgaria, and many other countries.
- Vanka – This name has Russian origin and the meaning is ‘grace’ or ‘favored by God’.
Conclusion on Russian names for girls
This wonderful list of Russian names for girls will absolutely help you find an excellent name for your little bundle of delight. With such a unique name, your child will certainly grow up to be a positive and confident human being.
We do hope you love the list of Russian names for girls compiled here? Let’s hear your thought in the comment.
Also, if you have any other Russian names for girls, please do not hesitate to share them with us, thanks.